Interested in working at SCC?
The SCC offers four 2,5-month internships during a year in the following periods:
Please note that the SCC does not accept interns during the summer.
What are the conditions?
The internship is a full time and self-financed program. It is designed on an individual basis, and the average working week is 35 hours including daily attendance at the office.
Interns who are nationals of a country outside the European Union are responsible for obtaining appropriate and required visas and permits.
Applicants who are employed elsewhere must take leave of absence during the course of the internship.
Who is qualified?
The internship program at the SCC has proven to be very popular and the SCC is fortunate to receive many applications from highly qualified law graduates from all over the world. We expect an ideal candidate to:
- have a master’s degree in international arbitration or international dispute resolution (current master students are also eligible to apply)
- have at least a couple of years’ experience in international arbitration (working at an international law firm will be an advantage)
- show strong interest in international arbitration and knowledge in the area (e.g. participation in international arbitration moot-courts)
- be proficient in written and spoken English (fluency in other languages, especially Swedish, Russian or Chinese would be an advantage).
What are the tasks?
The intern will have an opportunity to contribute to the work of the SCC by
- reviewing, analysing legal documents, drafting case summaries for the SCC Board meetings and conducting legal research in relation to SCC cases
- making translations of court decisions and news as well as analysing the SCC practice and caseload
- writing articles, overviews of the SCC work and practice
- supporting in organising events or other projects currently undertaken by the institute.
The internship offers the intern a good introduction to the work undertaken and the cases administered at the SCC and an opportunity to attend Board meetings as well as the events organized by or in cooperation with the SCC.
How to apply and current openings
The SCC is currently accepting applications for the January-March and April-May 2022 internship period and welcomes qualified candidates to apply. Candidates must submit an application, consisting of a cover letter and CV, by 15 December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position of intern will be filled in December 2021. If an applicant has not been contacted by the SCC during December 2021 for an interview, then the applicant has not been considered for the position.